Clicking on Templates tab brings you to the Templates dashboard, where you can select and use one of the RAD native templates and manage your unique templates.
Templates dashboard looks like this:
Once you hover over any template, you have access to two menus: the Primary Menu and the Options Menu.
The Primary Menu has 4 options:
Use a template
You can select a template you want to use for your new creative by hovering over it and clicking “Use”.
It will prompt a Creative setup process. This opens the Fluid Designer, so you can build your ad unit from the template. This new ad unit will be saved into your Creatives List. See: Templates Overview (coming soon).
Clicking the “Info” button opens the Info Modal.
The Info Modal is a pop-up window that looks like this:
It contains basic information about a template:
- If you choose to use a template to build an ad unit in the Fluid Designer, you will be able to rename the resulting creative. If you “templatize” a creative, you can also name it.
- Template names often note the useful components they incorporate
- Lists all Formats used in the template
- Indicates how the template is tagged on the Summary page, and how it’s cataloged in the left-hand sidebar Filter
- Options are: basic, advanced (has dynamic features; includes unique components), blank, image swap
- Indicates whether you are the owner of the template, or if the template is currently being shared with you.
- Indicates the email address of the current owner of the template
- To transfer the ownership of a Creative, see: Privileges (coming soon).
- Additional Information
- In case available, e.g. description, Assets Specs or Build Guide
It also has access to basic functions:
- Same as Use in the Primary Menu.
- Lets you view the template in the Preview page.
- Summary takes you to the Deploy & Track page summary for this template, where you can edit your template’s tags and share privileges.
You can check and see the features of a given template by hovering over the “Feature” icon. To add features and tag your Template properly, see Summary Page - Tagging (coming soon).
Preview lets you view a given Template in a range of displays. It takes you to the Preview Page. See: Preview Page Overview (coming soon).
The options menu is accessible by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of a sample template.
To see the three vertical dots, hover over the template.
The four menu options are:
- Modify Template
“Summary” takes you to the Deploy & Track page summary for this template, where you can edit your template’s tags and share privileges. NOTE: you can access a Template’s Summary page only if you are an owner.
“Modify Template” opens the Fluid Designer to make changes for this template. NOTE: you must have permission from the owner of this Template in order to modify it.
“Duplicate” replicates the elements and layout of the template, which can be used or altered within the Fluid Designer. Any duplicated Template is saved in your account with a number at the end of its name. You will be an owner of the duplicated template.
“Delete” removes the selected Template from the Templates Library. NOTE: you can only delete a Template you own. If it was shared with you for collaboration, you cannot delete it. See: Privileges (coming soon).
Please sign in to leave a comment.