To copy your element settings from one size to another size in any format, go to the Creative Properties Bar, on the left-hand side of the canvas in the Fluid Designer.
Copying your element settings
1. Select the element whose settings you want to apply elsewhere.
2. Click on the “Copy element settings” icon on the left-hand side Creative Properties bar.
3. From the “Copy element settings” screen, select the new size or sizes you want the settings to be copied to. You can choose to apply the selected element settings both to different sizes (layouts) in the current format and to elements in different sizes in different formats.
4. Once you click next, a new window will open.
This window shows four types of settings being selected on default:
- Position and anchoring
- Size and size constraints
- Animation properties
- Other style properties
If those are the settings you want to apply across the board, you can choose to leave those settings checked.
The default window has two properties un-checked:
- Parent reference (Child/parent structure in the element list)
- Copy child element properties
If you want to select different element settings (properties), un-check the properties you do NOT want to apply, then check the properties you DO want to copy and apply.
5. Click on “Copy settings”.
Specifics for Parent Reference (Element Groups)
Checking “Parent reference (Child/parent structure in the element list)” will copy the position of the element in the Element List structure including position inside the group, then apply that position to the same element in other sizes.
This action works both to copy element grouping, and also to copy and apply any alterations you’ve made to remove elements from a given group.
In case you are copying settings of a Group element, you can also choose to copy settings of child elements within a group.
To do this check “Copy child element properties.”
To learn more about Element Settings, or how to alter an element’s properties before copying them, check Element settings.